Zen Mag Px Powder Mixed Berry Flavor takes relaxation to the next level with a unique, patented form of magnesium l-threonate (Magtein) that soothes the brain.* Unlike other brain boosting supplements, which often overstimulate the brain (think too much caffeine), Zen Mag Px Powder nourishes brain synapses.* Magnesium l-threonate keeps neurons healthy without kicking your brain into overdrive.* You get a clearer, more focused cognition, and less anxiety.* Sleep, exercise recovery, and relaxation also improve.*
Zen Mag Px Powder provides three high-quality magnesium chelates that are far better absorbed than inexpensive magnesium salts. Most magnesium supplements use a single source of magnesium, which can easily overwhelm a single pathway of absorption and limit uptake. The three chelates in Zen Mag PX Powder preserve gastrointestinal function compared to cheaper forms. Low quality magnesium salts cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea because they are poorly absorbed and remain in the intestines longer.
What Makes This Product Different?
Getting enough magnesium is more of a challenge than most people realize. Getting enough for the brain is even harder due to the restrictive nature of the blood brain barrier.
Zen Mag Px Powder is designed for optimal absorption and retention in the body tissues and brain. This supplement uses amino acid chelates, in which elemental magnesium is bound with an amino acid. It differs from cheap forms of magnesium, such as magnesium oxide, that are poorly absorbed, causing stomach upset. Amino acid chelates protect the magnesium from binding with other dietary compounds that inhibit absorption. Studies show that high-quality magnesium chelates have 3 to 4 times the bioavailability of magnesium oxide, which has a 10 percent absorption rate in the body.
Zen Mag Px Powder provides three magnesium chelates:
- Magnesium l-threonate supports neurological health, sleep, and a relaxed mood. Aging leads to shrinking brain volume, which starts after age 25 when brain growth peaks. Magnesium is of particular importance for preserving the brain because it promotes healthy brain synapses. Vital for aging adults, magnesium l-threonate crosses the blood brain barrier to facilitate learning and memory. By improving communication between networks of brain cells, magnesium l-threonate supports the density and stability of synapses that regulate cognition. One study found that in Alzheimer’s patients, 12 weeks of supplementation reduced memory loss and anxiety.
- Di-Magnesium malate is easily absorbed in the GI tract and is necessary for the Krebs cycle. It is useful for people with neuromuscular conditions, including chronic fatigue, ADHD, depression, and fibromyalgia. It is also helpful for those who experience low energy by raising ATP energy production and boosting the body’s antioxidant defenses. Magnesium malate is a great post-workout recovery supplement, assisting with clearance of muscle lactate.
- Magnesium lysinate glycinate is a form of magnesium that is bound with two molecules of glycine, an amino acid that has a calming effect on the body and brain. Glycine also supports liver health and detoxification and may help the body eliminate harmful compounds such as glyphosate.
Clinical research shows the following benefits of achieving adequate magnesium status:
- Eases Stress*: Magnesium helps metabolize cortisol and lower stress.
- Improves Relaxation & Sleep*: By calming the central nervous system, magnesium can improve sleep in people with insomnia and anxiety.
- Improves Cognition and Focus*: Magnesium calms brain neurons. Supplementing can improve memory and ability to focus.
- Supports Mood*: Magnesium affects neurotransmitters and raises mental outlook. One study found that magnesium was as effective as an anti-depressant for improving mood.
- Reduces Alzheimer’s Symptoms*: Magnesium may help maintain cognitive health and slow down memory decline that comes with Alzheimer’s.
- Overcomes ADHD*: Magnesium calms brain neurons. Supplementing with 200 mg of magnesium has been shown to reduce hyperactivity.
- Enhances Bone Health*: Magnesium improves activity of vitamin D and calcium, boosting bone strength.
- Improves Exercise Performance*: Magnesium plays a role in powering exercise, ensuring your muscles have the energy for maximal efforts.
- Promotes Muscle Repair*: Magnesium improves lactate clearance and antioxidant status for improved muscle recovery.
- Supports Cardiovascular Health*: Magnesium relaxes blood vessels and helps prevent cardiovascular inflammation.
- Improves Insulin Sensitivity*: High glucose levels deplete magnesium. Restoring magnesium status has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity by 32 percent.
- Improves Immunity*: Magnesium affects the immune response via its role in regulating inflammation and the function of immune cells.
- Reduces Asthma*: Magnesium relaxes the bronchial airway, improving lung function.
- Reduces Premenstrual Symptoms*: Magnesium protects against PMS, reducing ratings of depression, water retention, and anxiety.
- Supports Healthy Pregnancy*: Pregnant women have higher requirements for magnesium and studies show adequate magnesium can protect a fetus during maternal high blood pressure.
What Are Common Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency?
- Stress and fatigue are hallmarks of low magnesium. Magnesium deficiency often leads to a host of symptoms, including insomnia, poor sleep, depression, low mood, headaches, and trouble concentrating.
- Lack of magnesium can cause muscle weakness and low exercise tolerance. It is also associated with poor immune function and problems with potassium and balance of other electrolytes.
- Cardiovascular complications, such as hypertension and elevated blood lipid levels, are linked to low magnesium.
- Low bone density and osteoporosis are linked with magnesium deficiency due to the role magnesium plays in vitamin D and calcium action.
- Low energy and metabolic problems, including insulin resistance and pre-diabetes, correlate with lack of magnesium.
- Magnesium deficits can worsen existing issues, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, kidney stones, osteoporosis, hypertension, preeclampsia, and asthma.
Who Is At Risk of Magnesium Deficiency?
- Magnesium deficiencies are common due to low dietary intake of fruits and vegetables and magnesium depletion in soil. More than 57 percent of the population doesn’t meet the U.S. RDA for magnesium. Low magnesium is even common in people with high intake of plant foods because the phytic acids in many nuts, seeds, and legumes can impair magnesium absorption by 60 percent.
- Certain lifestyle factors increase risk of magnesium deficiency, including caffeine and alcohol use, high-intensity exercise, and laxative use.
- Aging is associated with both lower intake and increased requirements for magnesium.
- Chronic conditions are also linked with magnesium deficiency, including diabetes, GI disorders, eating disorders, thyroid disease, headaches and migraines, AIDS, heart disease, and related cardiac conditions.
Who Can Benefit From Supplementation?
- Zen Mag Px Powder is your go-to magnesium for overcoming insomnia and poor sleep.*
- Zen Mag Px Powder may help overcome stress-related issues, depression, headaches, and lack of focus.*
- High-performance individuals will benefit from optimizing magnesium intake. The chelates in Zen Mag Px Powder are designed to balance the central nervous system and improve ability to recover from intense physical and mental efforts.*
- Athletes training at a high level who require optimal energy metabolism and adrenal support can benefit from high-quality magnesium chelates.*
- Certain medications deplete magnesium: Diuretics, beta agonists, platinum-based chemotherapy, and other heart medications. Always speak with a doctor prior to supplementing if you are taking any medications.
- Magnesium can help individuals with poor glucose tolerance. It is also important for those with a diet high in processed foods, especially simple carbohydrates.
- Magnesium works with vitamin D and calcium to promote bone mineralization making it indispensable for those who want to strengthen bone or are at risk of osteoporosis.
Who Should Not Take It?
- Individuals with kidney disease should speak with a doctor before supplementing with magnesium.
- If pregnant or lactating, speak with a doctor before taking magnesium.
- Individuals taking bisphosphonate (bone density) medications should speak with a doctor before taking magnesium.
- Speak with a doctor before taking magnesium if using potassium-sparing diuretics.
- Speak with a doctor before taking magnesium if you are taking antibiotics. Magnesium can interfere with the absorption of tetracycline antibiotics. It is advised to supplement with magnesium at a time of day other than when taking these medications.
Serving Size: 1 scoop (about 2.5 g)
Servings per Container: About 30
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
Magnesium (as Albion® Di-Magnesium Malate, Magtein™ Magnesium L-Threonate,
and TRAACS® Magnesium Lysinate Glycinate Chelate)
|Magtein™ (Magnesium L-Threonate)||1 g||*|
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural Flavors (no MSG), Stevia Leaf Extract, and Anthocyanin Extract (color)
Mix 1 level scoop in at least 4 oz. of water, based on desired sweetness, based on the recommendations below or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
First Week: 1 serving per day immediately before dinner or one hour before bedtime.
Thereafter: 1 serving preferably mid-afternoon and 1 serving before bedtime.
If you are pregnant or nursing or are on medications, please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any supplement.
We offer free 1-3 working day delivery for all orders over £50.00
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
NI Express delivery is £3.99 and if ordered before 1pm will be delivered next day Mon-Fri only T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent same day if ordered before 1pm).
We offer free 1-3 day delivery for all orders over £99.99
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday(excluding Bank Holidays).
Ireland Express delivery is £6.99 and if ordered before 2pm will be delivered next day Mon-Frionly T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent the same day if ordered before 1pm).
Shipping on orders under £99.99 will be £6.99 and are 1-3 day delivery sent via recorded signed for post.
For international shipping please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and address and we can quote you asap.
Please note all delivery time estimates are subject to stock availability and receiving your order by 2:00 pm. Orders placed after 2:00 pm will be processed next working day. Orders are not processed or delivered on weekends and bank holidays.
If for any reason we expect that your order will not arrive within the specified times, we will e-mail or call you shortly after receiving your order. It is therefore very important for you to provide a valid e-mail address and contact number that we can contact you on. Please be sure to check your e-mails and phone messages shortly after placing the order in case we need to contact you.
If an order is returned to us due to customer error (failure to take delivery of the order or arrange a collection/redelivery) then a re-shipping fee is applicable. This is due to the cost of re-packing, and re-shipping that item. A refund of the item minus our shipping costs can be provided as an alternative, but if the error is ours, the item will, of course, be re-shipped at our cost.
Lastly, there is sometimes human error can happen either from ourselves or couriers/delivery companies that we use. It may arrive late; it may arrive damaged; it may not arrive at all. But in any of these cases, we will rectify this with immediate effect directly with yourself and you will get a full refund for any postage you have paid. Incorrect delivery information as stated by the customer is the responsibility of the customer, who will be charged for collection on their behalf.
We try our best to help everyone, but for legal reasons brought about by a minority of our customers, we do need to state that it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are present to sign for the parcel. In no way can Blú Nutrition UK, Fastway Couriers, Myhermes, DPD, PARCELFORCE or Royal Mail be held liable for failed deliveries unless either of those parties has been negligent in their duty to deliver.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
We guarantee your satisfaction with our Products and if, for a reason of manufacturing fault, you are not satisﬁed with any Product(s) you purchase, we offer a full refund or exchange policy. This is to ensure your satisfaction at all times with our Products.
Without prejudice, you may RETURN AN ITEM PROVIDED THE SEAL IS UNBROKEN, THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING AND THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN STORED IN THE RECOMMENDED CONDITIONS. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Product in accordance with our refund policy. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the Contract between us, or have notiﬁed us in that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will notify you of your refund via letter or e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 30 days of the day we received your cancellation or the day we conﬁrmed to you via letter or e-mail that you were entitled to a refund FOLLOWING RETURN of the Product to Blú Nutrition UK representatives.
If the Product is at fault, or packaging is damaged beyond a salvageable state, we will either refund or replace IN LINE WITH TIMESCALES SHOWN IN our terms & conditions. If however, YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE FLAVOUR after a product has been opened, as per government legislation we cannot offer a refund or exchange as supplements are classed as a food product which cannot be resold or used again.
If the delivery note says an item should be in your parcel but it isn't, or if you have received an item not ordered, please use our the contact form page to get in touch with us letting us know which item(s) you believe are missing or HAVE BEEN DELIVERED IN ERROR. You have up to 72 hours to inform us of such an error, outside of 72 hours we will not be able to investigate or assist with this claim.