Zinc is a powerhouse mineral that is vital for immunity, inflammation management, metabolic function, and hormone balance. It plays a role in cancer prevention and affects the health of vital organs, especially the brain and heart.
You need a daily intake of zinc to maintain a steady state because the body has no specialized zinc storage system. UberZinc Px provides chelated zinc to restore zinc status from a deficiency.* UberZinc Px is your go-to for overcoming an acute illness such as COVID-19 or the flu.* For longer term use, try our Zinc Essentials product that provides zinc with copper and selenium. Zinc and copper work together for antioxidant action.*
Who Is At Risk of Zinc Deficiency?
- Low Zinc is a common problem due to poor diet and increased physiological requirements. The NHANES survey found that 30 percent of Americans do not meet the RDA for zinc (8 mg for women and 11 mg for men).
- Populations at risk for low zinc include the elderly, pregnant women, athletes, pre-diabetics, and those with sickle cell anemia, renal disease, alcoholism, gastrointestinal disease, HIV, and insulin resistance. Zinc deficiency is also common in individuals with eating disorders, burn patients, and malnourished children. A typical western diet high in processed foods increases the risk of inadequate zinc intake.
- Zinc is lost in sweat and is depleted during times of stress, making it essential for athletes. Researchers theorize that loss of zinc during sweating may be a contributing factor to why testosterone levels are depressed after exhaustive exercise.
Benefits of Zinc
Zinc is an essential trace mineral that is a cofactor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD). Clinical research shows the following benefits:
- Supports Immune Function*: Zinc helps maintains the body’s physical barriers to disease and improves action of immune cells to defend against infection.
- Improves Antioxidant Status*: Zinc raises the body’s natural antioxidant SOD. SOD changes dangerous free radicals into harmless molecules that can be easily eliminated from the body.
Protects Cardiovascular Health*: Zinc prevents arterial plaque buildup that can progress to
atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- Supports Reproductive Health*: Zinc is necessary for sex hormone balance in men and women.
- Supports Endocrine Function*: Zinc affects the entire hormonal cascade, influencing release of thyroid hormone, the sleep hormone melatonin, and insulin binding.
- Elevates Mood*: Zinc regulates brain neurotransmitters, improving action of the energizing neurotransmitter dopamine.
- Reduces Depression*: Zinc raises the brain protein BDNF that improves serotonin uptake in the brain for lower risk of depression.
- Faster Wound Healing*: Adequate zinc is necessary for protein synthesis and it plays a role in wound healing.
- Healthy Skin*: Zinc supplementation reduces the incidence of skin disorders, including acne, viral warts, and rosacea.
- Supports Bone Health*: Zinc stimulates bone formation and mineralization.
UberZinc Px or Zinc Essentials?
UberZinc Px provides highly absorbable zinc chelates that can be used to correct a zinc deficiency.* It is also great for extra immune support to overcome an acute illness such as COVID-19.* For long-term use, try Zinc Essentials, which provides zinc, copper, and selenium. The body needs copper with zinc to produce the antioxidant superoxide dismutase. Taking zinc by itself can deplete copper, leading to imbalances between the neurotransmitters dopamine and epinephrine.
What Makes Zinc Essentials Different?
UberZinc Px uses chelates that are easily absorbed in the GI tract.* Zinc orotate and zinc aspartate are superior to inexpensive zinc salts found in typical products, making them better utilized and retained in body tissues to support SOD antioxidant status and the body’s immune defenses. These chelates are also Krebs cycle intermediaries and they can be incorporated into the energy systems to offset fatigue. They promote neurotransmitter balance to help overcome depression, anxiety, and stress.
Who Should Take UberZinc Px?
- Individuals at risk of deficiency due to low dietary zinc intake. Zinc is available in seafood, meat, dairy, and legumes. *
- Anyone with a high level of stress that depletes zinc.*
- Vegetarians, vegans, and people who have a low quality diet or do not frequently eat a variety of animal products, including red meat, eggs, seafood, and dairy.*
- Individuals with inflammation-related conditions, including insulin resistance, arthritis, and depression*
- Individuals with compromised immune function, especially the elderly.*
- Men suffering from infertility or who have symptoms of low testosterone, such as low libido, fatigue, or lack of energy or strength*
- Individuals who have gastrointestinal disorders, including celiac disease or IBS.*
- Individuals who regularly take proton pump inhibitors or have had gastric bypass because both negatively affect zinc status.*
- Athletes undergoing intense physical stress who have high sweat rates and need to replenish zinc.*
- Individuals with low thyroid or thyroid disease should take our Zinc Essentials, which supplies selenium that is necessary for optimal thyroid function.
- Diabetics and individuals who want general antioxidant and immune support will also benefit from using Zinc Essentials.*
Who Should Not Take It?
- Consult with your doctor prior to supplementing with zinc if you are diabetic or have issues with hypoglycemia because zinc can lower blood sugar and affect insulin action.
- Consult with a doctor prior to taking zinc if you have high cholesterol, are at risk of heart disease, have liver disease, blood disorders, immune disorders, or kidney disease.
- Consult with a doctor prior to taking zinc if you are taking antibiotics, iron, thyroid hormones, or antidepressants.
- Use caution if you are on blood thinners because zinc may increase risk of bleeding.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per Container: 90
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Zinc (as Zinc Orotate and Zinc Aspartate)||30 mg||273%|
*Daily Value not established
Cellulose, Gelatin Capsule, Magnesium Silicate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, and Silica
Take 1 capsule daily with meals or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Take UberZinc Px separately from supplements containing iron or magnesium for better absorption. Coffee may impair zinc absorption by 50% and coffee drinkers should delay taking zinc for one hour from coffee ingestion.
If you are pregnant or nursing or are on medications, please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any supplement.