Thyroid Full Spectrum provides a specially formulated blend of ingredients that support the body’s response to stress.* With freeze-dried bovine glandular therapies, Thyroid Full Spectrum provides nutritional support for the thyroid.* A small gland located in the base of the neck, the thyroid helps the body achieve homeostasis by producing hormones that regulate metabolism and play a role in appetite, weight maintenance, energy levels, and mood. The thyroid is also involved in growth, development, cardiovascular function, and nervous system activation.
Thyroid Full Spectrum provides nutrients that support function of the thyroid gland in its effort to maintain homeostasis in the body.* The thyroid gland regulates metabolic rate through production of two thyroid hormones: triiodothyronine (T3), a more potent and biologically active hormone, and thyroxine (T4), an inactive form that is converted into T3 by the liver and kidneys.
The thyroid gland does not work alone. It interacts intimately with the liver, the kidneys, and the hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal glands. This communication with other organs makes the thyroid a key player in the body’s ability to cope with stress.
Thyroid Full Spectrum contains the following nutrients that have been shown to support thyroid health:
- L-Tyrosine is an amino acid used to synthesize thyroid hormones, which improves mood and cognition.*
- Iodine is a trace mineral that is used to make thyroid hormone. Iodine also has an anti-inflammatory effect, reducing IL-6 and C-reactive protein markers.*
- Bladderwack is a seaweed that provides natural iodine and has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-obesity effects.*
- Selenium is a powerful antioxidant mineral that is necessary activation of thyroid hormone. It is also necessary for the production of the iodothyronine deiodinases, enzymes that impact growth and metabolic rate via thermogenesis.*
- Dulse is a seaweed that is high in iodine, fiber, and many other nutrients that may support hormone balance, including potassium, zinc, calcium, and magnesium.*
- Irish Moss is a seaweed that contains the vital thyroid hormone precursor DI-Iodothyronine (DIT), as well as T3.*
- Glandular Extracts support endocrine function and the thyroid hormonal cascade. The glands in this supplement help the organs regenerate as the glandular DNA is incorporated and helps repair the organ in question.*
What Makes Thyroid Full Spectrum Different?
Thyroid Full Spectrum is an all-in-one thyroid supplement that provides the building blocks for thyroid hormone release as well as nutritional support to ensure proper conversion of T4 to the active T3 thyroid hormone.* It also contains glandular extracts to strengthen the thyroid, thymus, adrenals, spleen, and anterior pituitary.* Glandular therapies provide the precise building blocks necessary for restoration of the gland in question.
One advantage to glandular over plant-based therapy is that glandulars from the sheep (ovine) or cow (bovine) contain enzymes that are identical to the human body but not present in plants. These enzymes, which can partially bypass digestion, support physiological processes in the body.
How Is The Thyroid Disrupted?
- The thyroid is a complex organ that is intimately related to other key organs in the human body including the anterior pituitary and the adrenals. Nutrition plays a key role in thyroid function. The nutrients iodine, L-tyrosine, vitamin B12, vitamin A, and vitamin B2 are necessary to produce thyroid hormone. Diets deficient in these nutrients lead to low thyroid function and the development of goiters or enlarged thyroid glands.
- Lack of calories can compromise thyroid health and lead to symptoms of poor thyroid function. Chronic dieters, endurance athletes, and those on very low carb diets are at risk of low thyroid levels.
- Aging increases the risk of thyroid problems. For men, a decrease in the hormone DHEA leads to a drop in the active T3 hormone. For women, hormonal changes lead to decrease in thyroid activity.
- Production of thyroid hormones can also be disrupted by several factors in the environment, including exposure to heavy metals (lead, cadmium, mercury, fluoride), pesticides, antibiotic residues, and chemicals. Poor digestive health or an overgrowth of “bad” bacteria in the gut (dysbiosis) can also impair thyroid function.
- Extreme stress, or imbalances of other hormones, including cortisol, estrogen, and testosterone will negatively impact thyroid health.
Who Should Take Thyroid Full Spectrum?
- Individuals who need thyroid support due to low thyroid activity. Symptoms of low thyroid activity include fatigue, difficulty getting restful sleep, low energy, metabolic issues, and difficulty losing weight.
- A low tolerance for stress or constantly feeling fatigued and run down may indicate low thyroid function.
- Individuals experiencing hormonal changes, such as women going through menopause or men suffering from reduced testosterone.
- Individuals with a history of calorie restriction or low-carbohydrate intake that may have resulted in reduced thyroid activity.
- Individuals suffering from chronic inflammation, especially those experiencing gastrointestinal issues and blood glucose irregularities.
Who Should Not Take It?
- Individuals on thyroid medication, including levothyroxine and Armour Thyroid, should consult with a doctor before taking Thyroid Full Spectrum.
- Individuals on cholesterol-lowering drugs, ulcer medications, or antacids containing magnesium or aluminum should consult with a doctor prior to use.
- It is always recommended to consult your healthcare practitioner prior to starting any new supplements, especially if you are taking medications, or are pregnant or nursing.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per Container: 60
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Iodine (from Organic Icelandic Kelp) (Laminaria digita) (stem and leaf)||40 mcg||27%|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||50 mcg||91%|
|Dulse (Rhodymemia palmata) (whole plant)||400 mg||*|
|Thyroid Gland (freeze-dried) from (New Zealand bovine)||150 mg||*|
|Adrenal Gland (freeze-dried) from (Argentina bovine)||50 mg||*|
|Irish Moss (Chondrus crispus) (whole plant)||40 mg||*|
|Anterior Pituitary Gland (vacuum-dried) (from Argentina bovine)||15 mg||*|
|Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus) (whole plant)||15 mg||*|
|Spleen (freeze-dried) (from Argentina bovine)||5 mg||*|
|Thymus Gland (freeze-dried) (from Argentina bovine)||5 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: HPMC (Capsule), Vegetable Stearic Acid, Silica, Vegetable Magnesium Steartate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, and Medium-Chain Triglyceride Oil
May contain traces of fish and crustacean shellfish (from Irish Moss)
Take 1 capsule daily with water (away from food) or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
If you are pregnant or nursing or are on medications, please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any supplement to discuss any potential interactions.
May contain traces of fish and crustacean shellfish (from Irish Moss)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.