Thyroid Full Spectrum provides a specially formulated blend of ingredients that support the body’s response to stress.* With freeze-dried bovine glandular therapies, Thyroid Full Spectrum provides nutritional support for the thyroid.* A small gland located in the base of the neck, the thyroid helps the body achieve homeostasis by producing hormones that regulate metabolism and play a role in appetite, weight maintenance, energy levels, and mood. The thyroid is also involved in growth, development, cardiovascular function, and nervous system activation.
Thyroid Full Spectrum provides nutrients that support function of the thyroid gland in its effort to maintain homeostasis in the body.* The thyroid gland regulates metabolic rate through production of two thyroid hormones: triiodothyronine (T3), a more potent and biologically active hormone, and thyroxine (T4), an inactive form that is converted into T3 by the liver and kidneys.
The thyroid gland does not work alone. It interacts intimately with the liver, the kidneys, and the hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal glands. This communication with other organs makes the thyroid a key player in the body’s ability to cope with stress.
Thyroid Full Spectrum contains the following nutrients that have been shown to support thyroid health:
- L-Tyrosine is an amino acid used to synthesize thyroid hormones, which improves mood and cognition.*
- Iodine is a trace mineral that is used to make thyroid hormone. Iodine also has an anti-inflammatory effect, reducing IL-6 and C-reactive protein markers.*
- Bladderwack is a seaweed that provides natural iodine and has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-obesity effects.*
- Selenium is a powerful antioxidant mineral that is necessary activation of thyroid hormone. It is also necessary for the production of the iodothyronine deiodinases, enzymes that impact growth and metabolic rate via thermogenesis.*
- Dulse is a seaweed that is high in iodine, fiber, and many other nutrients that may support hormone balance, including potassium, zinc, calcium, and magnesium.*
- Irish Moss is a seaweed that contains the vital thyroid hormone precursor DI-Iodothyronine (DIT), as well as T3.*
- Glandular Extracts support endocrine function and the thyroid hormonal cascade. The glands in this supplement help the organs regenerate as the glandular DNA is incorporated and helps repair the organ in question.*
What Makes Thyroid Full Spectrum Different?
Thyroid Full Spectrum is an all-in-one thyroid supplement that provides the building blocks for thyroid hormone release as well as nutritional support to ensure proper conversion of T4 to the active T3 thyroid hormone.* It also contains glandular extracts to strengthen the thyroid, thymus, adrenals, spleen, and anterior pituitary.* Glandular therapies provide the precise building blocks necessary for restoration of the gland in question.
One advantage to glandular over plant-based therapy is that glandulars from the sheep (ovine) or cow (bovine) contain enzymes that are identical to the human body but not present in plants. These enzymes, which can partially bypass digestion, support physiological processes in the body.
How Is The Thyroid Disrupted?
- The thyroid is a complex organ that is intimately related to other key organs in the human body including the anterior pituitary and the adrenals. Nutrition plays a key role in thyroid function. The nutrients iodine, L-tyrosine, vitamin B12, vitamin A, and vitamin B2 are necessary to produce thyroid hormone. Diets deficient in these nutrients lead to low thyroid function and the development of goiters or enlarged thyroid glands.
- Lack of calories can compromise thyroid health and lead to symptoms of poor thyroid function. Chronic dieters, endurance athletes, and those on very low carb diets are at risk of low thyroid levels.
- Aging increases the risk of thyroid problems. For men, a decrease in the hormone DHEA leads to a drop in the active T3 hormone. For women, hormonal changes lead to decrease in thyroid activity.
- Production of thyroid hormones can also be disrupted by several factors in the environment, including exposure to heavy metals (lead, cadmium, mercury, fluoride), pesticides, antibiotic residues, and chemicals. Poor digestive health or an overgrowth of “bad” bacteria in the gut (dysbiosis) can also impair thyroid function.
- Extreme stress, or imbalances of other hormones, including cortisol, estrogen, and testosterone will negatively impact thyroid health.
Who Should Take Thyroid Full Spectrum?
- Individuals who need thyroid support due to low thyroid activity. Symptoms of low thyroid activity include fatigue, difficulty getting restful sleep, low energy, metabolic issues, and difficulty losing weight.
- A low tolerance for stress or constantly feeling fatigued and run down may indicate low thyroid function.
- Individuals experiencing hormonal changes, such as women going through menopause or men suffering from reduced testosterone.
- Individuals with a history of calorie restriction or low-carbohydrate intake that may have resulted in reduced thyroid activity.
- Individuals suffering from chronic inflammation, especially those experiencing gastrointestinal issues and blood glucose irregularities.
Who Should Not Take It?
- Individuals on thyroid medication, including levothyroxine and Armour Thyroid, should consult with a doctor before taking Thyroid Full Spectrum.
- Individuals on cholesterol-lowering drugs, ulcer medications, or antacids containing magnesium or aluminum should consult with a doctor prior to use.
- It is always recommended to consult your healthcare practitioner prior to starting any new supplements, especially if you are taking medications, or are pregnant or nursing.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per Container: 60
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Iodine (from Organic Icelandic Kelp) (Laminaria digita) (stem and leaf)||40 mcg||27%|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||50 mcg||91%|
|Dulse (Rhodymemia palmata) (whole plant)||400 mg||*|
|Thyroid Gland (freeze-dried) from (New Zealand bovine)||150 mg||*|
|Adrenal Gland (freeze-dried) from (Argentina bovine)||50 mg||*|
|Irish Moss (Chondrus crispus) (whole plant)||40 mg||*|
|Anterior Pituitary Gland (vacuum-dried) (from Argentina bovine)||15 mg||*|
|Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus) (whole plant)||15 mg||*|
|Spleen (freeze-dried) (from Argentina bovine)||5 mg||*|
|Thymus Gland (freeze-dried) (from Argentina bovine)||5 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: HPMC (Capsule), Vegetable Stearic Acid, Silica, Vegetable Magnesium Steartate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, and Medium-Chain Triglyceride Oil
May contain traces of fish and crustacean shellfish (from Irish Moss)
Take 1 capsule daily with water (away from food) or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
If you are pregnant or nursing or are on medications, please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any supplement to discuss any potential interactions.
May contain traces of fish and crustacean shellfish (from Irish Moss)
We offer free 1-3 working day delivery for all orders over £50.00
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
NI Express delivery is £3.99 and if ordered before 1pm will be delivered next day Mon-Fri only T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent same day if ordered before 1pm).
We offer free 1-3 day delivery for all orders over £99.99
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday(excluding Bank Holidays).
Ireland Express delivery is £6.99 and if ordered before 2pm will be delivered next day Mon-Frionly T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent the same day if ordered before 1pm).
Shipping on orders under £99.99 will be £6.99 and are 1-3 day delivery sent via recorded signed for post.
For international shipping please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and address and we can quote you asap.
Please note all delivery time estimates are subject to stock availability and receiving your order by 2:00 pm. Orders placed after 2:00 pm will be processed next working day. Orders are not processed or delivered on weekends and bank holidays.
If for any reason we expect that your order will not arrive within the specified times, we will e-mail or call you shortly after receiving your order. It is therefore very important for you to provide a valid e-mail address and contact number that we can contact you on. Please be sure to check your e-mails and phone messages shortly after placing the order in case we need to contact you.
If an order is returned to us due to customer error (failure to take delivery of the order or arrange a collection/redelivery) then a re-shipping fee is applicable. This is due to the cost of re-packing, and re-shipping that item. A refund of the item minus our shipping costs can be provided as an alternative, but if the error is ours, the item will, of course, be re-shipped at our cost.
Lastly, there is sometimes human error can happen either from ourselves or couriers/delivery companies that we use. It may arrive late; it may arrive damaged; it may not arrive at all. But in any of these cases, we will rectify this with immediate effect directly with yourself and you will get a full refund for any postage you have paid. Incorrect delivery information as stated by the customer is the responsibility of the customer, who will be charged for collection on their behalf.
We try our best to help everyone, but for legal reasons brought about by a minority of our customers, we do need to state that it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are present to sign for the parcel. In no way can Blú Nutrition UK, Fastway Couriers, Myhermes, DPD, PARCELFORCE or Royal Mail be held liable for failed deliveries unless either of those parties has been negligent in their duty to deliver.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
We guarantee your satisfaction with our Products and if, for a reason of manufacturing fault, you are not satisﬁed with any Product(s) you purchase, we offer a full refund or exchange policy. This is to ensure your satisfaction at all times with our Products.
Without prejudice, you may RETURN AN ITEM PROVIDED THE SEAL IS UNBROKEN, THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING AND THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN STORED IN THE RECOMMENDED CONDITIONS. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Product in accordance with our refund policy. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the Contract between us, or have notiﬁed us in that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will notify you of your refund via letter or e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 30 days of the day we received your cancellation or the day we conﬁrmed to you via letter or e-mail that you were entitled to a refund FOLLOWING RETURN of the Product to Blú Nutrition UK representatives.
If the Product is at fault, or packaging is damaged beyond a salvageable state, we will either refund or replace IN LINE WITH TIMESCALES SHOWN IN our terms & conditions. If however, YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE FLAVOUR after a product has been opened, as per government legislation we cannot offer a refund or exchange as supplements are classed as a food product which cannot be resold or used again.
If the delivery note says an item should be in your parcel but it isn't, or if you have received an item not ordered, please use our the contact form page to get in touch with us letting us know which item(s) you believe are missing or HAVE BEEN DELIVERED IN ERROR. You have up to 72 hours to inform us of such an error, outside of 72 hours we will not be able to investigate or assist with this claim.