Friendly gut bacteria can be wiped out during a course of antibiotics. Proflora Excellence SB contains the beneficial yeast S. boulardii that survives antibiotics and helps protect against diarrhea and bacterial toxins such as C. diff. You also get four evidence-based probiotic strains in this formula to support immunity and digestion.
Even when you’re not taking an antibiotic, digestive problems are common. Stress, exposure to food-borne pathogens, and a typical western diet will all disrupt your gut bacteria. Without the right balance of beneficial bacteria in the gut, you won’t be able to digest your food properly. Proflora Excellence SB provides protective bacteria for the gut to support the digestive system’s natural processes.*
Proflora Excellence SB has the three characteristics necessary to be optimally effective:
- Viable at room temperature.
- Able to withstand stomach acid and reach the intestines alive.
- Formulated to be distributed throughout the intestinal tract where it can adhere and reproduce.
Each capsule of Proflora Excellence SB is sealed in specially designed blister packs that ensure stability and protect from environmental factors such as heat and humidity. There is no refrigeration needed—they are proven to be stable up to 104° F. S. boulardii and the four probiotic strains in Proflora Excellence SB have a strong ability to adhere to the intestinal wall where they can take hold and proliferate.
Five Evidence-Based Probiotic Strains
Proflora Excellence SB is specially designed to provide five probiotic strains with clinical research to support their use:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14 increases immune cells, beats out the dangerous E. coli in the GI tract, and helps re-establish protective bacteria after antibiotic therapy.
- Bifidobacterium longum Bl-05 increases immune cells during times of stress and has anti-inflammatory effects on the GI tract. It protects the colon from inflammation for better GI barrier function.
- Lactobacillus plantarum Lp-115 supports immune cells and promotes absorption of nutrients, such as iron. It can inhibit and displace harmful pathogens, including C. diff. and Staphylococcus, as well as environmental pollutants, such as cadmium.
- Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 improves absorption of essential nutrients and protects against foreign pathogens, such as salmonella. It is useful for combatting constipation by improving gut transit time and reducing GI symptoms, including bloating, nausea, abdominal pain, and gas.
- Saccharomyces boulardii is a beneficial yeast that is effective for combatting GI illnesses, including diarrhea, that accompany antibiotic use. S. boulardii raises immune antibodies that help bind and clear harmful bacteria from the body. It is a proven treatment for constipation by improving gut transit time and countering inflammation in the GI tract.
Who can benefit from this product?
- Proflora Excellence SB can be used to combat diarrhea, GI disorders, and chronic GI symptoms, such as constipation, bloating, and abdominal pain.*
- It is appropriate for people of all ages including children and older adults.
- Because S. boulardii is a yeast, caution should be taken in immunocompromised patients and supplementation should only begin after consultation with your doctor. Our Mega Proflora product is an alternative that does not contain S. boulardii but may jump start microflora due to its high count of protective bacteria (100 billion CFUs).
How does a probiotic deficiency occur?
The natural balance of microflora can be disrupted by exposure to pathogens, medications, and poor nutrition. Commonly known as dysbiosis, gut flora disruption can lead to the onset of allergenic and auto-immune disorders, including asthma, celiac disease, colon cancer, type 1 and 2 diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), GI infections, diarrhea, obesity, and arthritis.
What do supplemental probiotics support?
Supplemental probiotics can have a therapeutic effect, increasing populations of healthy bacteria for many health benefits:
- Support Immune Function: The gastrointestinal tract contains 80 percent of all immune cells and the microbiota themselves are a vital part of the body’s immune defense system.* Beneficial bacteria produce Natural Killer cells that fight off invading pathogens and protect against cancer.*
- Promote Healthy Bowel Function: Multi-strain probiotics have a synergistic effect on GI health, reducing constipation and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).*
- Restore GI Health After Antibiotics: Probiotics help restore GI function following a round of antibiotics that wipe out your protective bacteria and cause diarrhea.*
- Improve Digestion: Probiotics help the body break down hard-to-digest foods, such as lactose, and increase absorption of vitamins and other nutrients.*
- Promote Metabolic Health: Probiotics communicate with the brain to manage appetite and may be a treatment for obesity. Healthy bacteria increase the fatty acid butyrate that improves blood sugar balance.*
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per Container: 30
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Saccharomyces boulardii||250 mg (5 Billion CFU)||*|
Lactobacillus acidophilis LA-14, Bifidobacterium longum BI-05,Lactobacillus plantarum Lp-115
|174 mg (15 Billion CFU)||*|
|HOWARU® Bifido (Bifidobacterium lactis HN019)||50 mg (15 Billion CFU)||*|
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, HPMC (Acid-Resistant Capsule), Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate and Silica
Take 1 capsule with water daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
No refrigeration necessary.
S. boulardii is a yeast, caution should be taken in immunocompromised patients and supplementation should only begin after consultation with your healthcare practitioner.
If you are pregnant or nursing or are on medications, please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any supplement.