D3 Excellence provides 5,000 IUs of easily absorbable vitamin D3 with vitamin K2 and boron for all-around nutritional support.* These three nutrients work together to support immune function, bone, and cardiovascular health.
Known as the “sunshine vitamin,” vitamin D3 plays a critical role in human survival. Our bodies synthesize vitamin D from cholesterol in response to sunlight. However, due to limited sun exposure, many people don’t get enough vitamin D, putting them at risk of osteoporosis and poor health.
D3 Excellence contains ingredients that work together to support vitamin D status and protect bone health.* Vitamin D helps ensure there is enough calcium in the body while vitamin K directs calcium into bone and teeth for optimal strength.* Boron is vitamin D’s best friend, increasing enzymes involved in vitamin D activation.* Boron also minimizes loss of calcium and improves absorption of the vital bone-building mineral, magnesium.*
When vitamin D levels are depleted, the body pulls calcium from bone, leading to bone loss. Vitamin D ensures the body has enough calcium and phosphorus for building bone by increasing absorption via the small intestines.
Vitamin K2 helps by activating vitamin D-made proteins that lead to bone mineralization. Named for the Danish word “koagulation” for its blood clotting abilities, vitamin K2 helps proteins in the body collect more calcium, preventing calcium buildup in the arteries. Supplementing vitamin D without vitamin K can result in calcium being inappropriately deposited in arteries, which has a negative effect on blood vessel elasticity and can lead to heart disease.
D3 Excellence is designed as a daily use product and is ideal for situations when more aggressive supplementation is desired, such as recovering from a deficiency.* There is evidence that weekly or biweekly high dosages of vitamin D can restore levels faster than daily supplementation. It is recommended that you work with your doctor to develop a dosing protocol to overcome a deficiency.
Vitamin D come in two forms: Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Vitamin D3 has much greater bioavailability and is the form that is effectively used by the body. This supplement provides cholecalciferol. Clinical trials show the following effects of vitamin D:
- Prevent Bone Disorders*: When vitamin D is low, bone breakdown occurs to satisfy the body’s demand for calcium. Maintaining healthy vitamin D prevents rickets, osteoporosis, and osteopenia.
- Prevent Muscle Weakness & Decrease Falls*: Low vitamin D leads to muscle weakness and increases risk of falling in all populations, including athletes and the elderly.
- Support Immune Function*: Vitamin D improves the number and function of immune cells that fight off disease.
- Improve Testosterone In Men*: Vitamin D inhibits the enzyme aromatase that transforms testosterone to estrogen.
- Support Cardiovascular Health*: Adequate vitamin D decreases calcification of the arteries, reducing stress on the heart. A deficiency is consistently linked with increased risk of death by heart attack.
- Support Neurological Function*: Vitamin D modulates calcium channels in the brain that control cellular brain health, affecting memory.
- Reduce Cancer Risk*: Vitamin D is inversely correlated with increased risk for a variety of cancers, including breast, colon, prostate, and pancreatic cancer.
- Support Healthy Body Composition*: Vitamin D is fat soluble and gets sequestered in fat tissue, increasing the risk of vitamin D deficiency in obesity.
- Improve Metabolic Health*: Vitamin D supplementation improves insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance in people with vitamin D deficiency.
- Reduce Mortality & Disease*: Low vitamin D is independently associated with many diseases and an increased risk of dying from all causes. Supplementation reduces all-cause mortality in the elderly.
Vitamin K comes in two forms:
- Vitamin K1, also known as phylloquinone, is derived from plants and has low bioavailability.
- Vitamin K2, also known as menaquinone, is derived from animals or fermented foods, and is more easily used by the body.
This supplement provides a long-chain from of K2 known as MK-7 that has a longer half-life, resulting in more stable blood serum levels that is better for bone building than other forms of vitamin K2.* Clinical trials show the following effects of vitamin K2:
- Support Bone Health*: Vitamin K2 activates the bone-building protein osteocalcin to prevent bone loss.
- Protect Cardiovascular Function*: Vitamin K2 reduces calcification of the arteries, which occurs when calcium accumulates in the blood vessels and causes stiffening of the vascular system.
- Improve Cancer Survival Rates*: Vitamin K has anti-inflammatory effects, inhibiting the cancer marker NF-Kappa-B that fuels tumor growth.
Boron is a trace mineral that impacts human health via osteogenic, endocrine, and anti-inflammatory actions. Clinical trials show the following effects:
- Support Bone Health*: Boron stimulates bone-building osteoblasts and helps ensure adequate calcium and magnesium levels.
- Improve Wound Healing*: Boron increases fibroblast enzymes that rebuild tissue for wound healing.
- Support Sex Hormone Balance*: Boron interacts with the endocrine system by balancing testosterone in men and estrogen in women.
- Reduce Inflammation*: Boron raises the antioxidant enzymes superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase for stronger immunity and less inflammation.
- Reduce Cancer*: Boron may inhibit cancer cell growth.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Individual results may vary and results are not guaranteed. The provided information is for educational purposes only. Poliquin Performance Center 2, LLC does not provide medical advice, treatment, or diagnosis.
Are You At Risk of Vitamin D Deficiency?
Over 40% of the U.S. population is considered clinically deficient in vitamin D3, and more than 60% have inadequate levels for health. Although vitamin D insufficiency is widespread throughout the population, the greatest risk is in individuals who lack sun exposure, regularly use sunscreen and sunglasses, are obese, use pharmaceutical drugs, live in cold climates, or have darker skin pigmentation.
Although it is possible for Caucasian skin to produce 10,000 IUs of vitamin D from several hours of full-body sun exposure, those living at higher latitudes above the 35th parallel or who have darker skin cannot rely on sun exposure from late fall to early spring for vitamin D.
Older adults are also at increased risk of vitamin D deficiency. Aging skin has a reduced capacity for vitamin D synthesis. By age 75, vitamin D levels may be as much as 25% lower than in youngsters.
Most experts agree that a vitamin D3 blood serum value of less than 20 ng/ml is vitamin D deficiency. A blood value of 21-29 ng/ml is insufficient. Over 30 ng/ml is considered adequate.
You can ask your doctor to order a vitamin D blood test to assess your values and determine supplementation needs.
Are You At Risk of Vitamin K2 Deficiency?
There is no established RDA for vitamin K2, but intake in the average diet is very low due to predominance of processed foods and sugar. Low vitamin K can result from a diet low in animal products and green vegetables. Vitamin K insufficiency is more common in those with gastrointestinal disorders, chronic illness, or following a round of antibiotics.
Are You At Risk of Boron Deficiency?
There is no established RDA for boron, however, dietary boron intake has gone down over the past half century due to lower consumption of boron-rich plants. Research suggests 2 to 3 mg a day has benefits for bone health. Higher supplemental doses of 6 mg have been effective for reducing joint pain and improving mobility in osteoarthritis. Experts recommend supplementation for any individual who is consuming a diet low in fruits and vegetables or who suffers from bone and joint disorders, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, or cancer of the breast, prostate, or lung.
Who Can Benefit From Supplementation?
- If you have osteoporosis or are at risk of bone loss.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per Container: 60
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)||125 mcg (5,000 IU)||625%|
|Boron (as Boron Citrate)||2 mg||*|
|Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7)||90 mcg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Rice Flour, Hypromellose, L-Leucine, and Silica
Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed recommended dose unless directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Notice: It is highly recommended that serum 25(OH)- and 1,25(OH)2-vitamin D be monitored.
- Vitamin D in excess of 1000 IU is prohibited for import into Canada
- Vitamin K increases blood clotting and may impair the action of blood thinning medications, such as Warfarin. Therefore, it is important to consult with a healthcare practitioner before supplementing.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should speak with a healthcare practitioner prior to supplementing.
- Anyone with a serious medical condition or who uses medications should consult with a healthcare practitioner prior to supplementing.
We offer free 1-3 working day delivery for all orders over £50.00
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
NI Express delivery is £3.99 and if ordered before 1pm will be delivered next day Mon-Fri only T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent same day if ordered before 1pm).
We offer free 1-3 day delivery for all orders over £99.99
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday(excluding Bank Holidays).
Ireland Express delivery is £6.99 and if ordered before 2pm will be delivered next day Mon-Frionly T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent the same day if ordered before 1pm).
Shipping on orders under £99.99 will be £6.99 and are 1-3 day delivery sent via recorded signed for post.
For international shipping please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and address and we can quote you asap.
Please note all delivery time estimates are subject to stock availability and receiving your order by 2:00 pm. Orders placed after 2:00 pm will be processed next working day. Orders are not processed or delivered on weekends and bank holidays.
If for any reason we expect that your order will not arrive within the specified times, we will e-mail or call you shortly after receiving your order. It is therefore very important for you to provide a valid e-mail address and contact number that we can contact you on. Please be sure to check your e-mails and phone messages shortly after placing the order in case we need to contact you.
If an order is returned to us due to customer error (failure to take delivery of the order or arrange a collection/redelivery) then a re-shipping fee is applicable. This is due to the cost of re-packing, and re-shipping that item. A refund of the item minus our shipping costs can be provided as an alternative, but if the error is ours, the item will, of course, be re-shipped at our cost.
Lastly, there is sometimes human error can happen either from ourselves or couriers/delivery companies that we use. It may arrive late; it may arrive damaged; it may not arrive at all. But in any of these cases, we will rectify this with immediate effect directly with yourself and you will get a full refund for any postage you have paid. Incorrect delivery information as stated by the customer is the responsibility of the customer, who will be charged for collection on their behalf.
We try our best to help everyone, but for legal reasons brought about by a minority of our customers, we do need to state that it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are present to sign for the parcel. In no way can Blú Nutrition UK, Fastway Couriers, Myhermes, DPD, PARCELFORCE or Royal Mail be held liable for failed deliveries unless either of those parties has been negligent in their duty to deliver.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
We guarantee your satisfaction with our Products and if, for a reason of manufacturing fault, you are not satisﬁed with any Product(s) you purchase, we offer a full refund or exchange policy. This is to ensure your satisfaction at all times with our Products.
Without prejudice, you may RETURN AN ITEM PROVIDED THE SEAL IS UNBROKEN, THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING AND THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN STORED IN THE RECOMMENDED CONDITIONS. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Product in accordance with our refund policy. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the Contract between us, or have notiﬁed us in that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will notify you of your refund via letter or e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 30 days of the day we received your cancellation or the day we conﬁrmed to you via letter or e-mail that you were entitled to a refund FOLLOWING RETURN of the Product to Blú Nutrition UK representatives.
If the Product is at fault, or packaging is damaged beyond a salvageable state, we will either refund or replace IN LINE WITH TIMESCALES SHOWN IN our terms & conditions. If however, YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE FLAVOUR after a product has been opened, as per government legislation we cannot offer a refund or exchange as supplements are classed as a food product which cannot be resold or used again.
If the delivery note says an item should be in your parcel but it isn't, or if you have received an item not ordered, please use our the contact form page to get in touch with us letting us know which item(s) you believe are missing or HAVE BEEN DELIVERED IN ERROR. You have up to 72 hours to inform us of such an error, outside of 72 hours we will not be able to investigate or assist with this claim.