Charge is a complete electrolyte supplement to promote optimal hydration so you can take your training to the next level.* You lose many of the body’s natural minerals throughout the day, so it’s important to replenish them through nutrition. With key electrolytes including potassium, magnesium, and sodium, Charge amplifies hydration by helping you fully absorb the water you drink.* Optimal hydration allows you to challenge your physical limits. Electrolyte supplementation can also help you recover from illness or other activities that deplete water stores in the body.
You probably think that drinking a lot of water is always a good thing. In fact, water by itself can be dehydrating. When not accompanied by sodium and other electrolytes, consuming lots of water dilutes the delicate electrolyte balance in your cells and leads to a dehydrated state.
Charge is a complete and balanced electrolyte formula designed to amplify hydration.* By adding Charge to your recovery beverage, you ensure your body is able to absorb water into cells for optimal hydration.* In addition to the typical electrolytes like sodium and potassium you need for recovery, Charge contains “helper” nutrients that promote water balance in cells, such as zinc, taurine, and the B vitamins.*
For example, taurine allows the body to absorb magnesium. If you don’t have a regular source of dietary taurine from red meat or a supplement, magnesium levels can be compromised. Zinc affects the health of cells in the GI tract involved in absorbing water in the body. Without adequate zinc, the body is unable to restore hydration after intense exercise or other loss of water such as illness.
What Makes This Product Different?
Charge is unique from other electrolyte products because it contains all your typical electrolytes (magnesium, sodium, potassium, chloride) as well as other nutrients that promote water balance.* For example, Charge contains B vitamins and the amino acid taurine that can better increase cellular rehydration compared to formulas without these nutrients.* Instead of taking the risk that your electrolytes will be flushed right through your system, Charge ensures absorption and retention of nutrients that support hydration in your cells.* Plus, all ingredients are natural and it doesn’t have any artificial flavors or colors that can compromise your health.*
What Are Symptoms of Low Electrolyte Levels?
Fatigue, headache, nausea, blood pressure changes, muscle cramps, low energy, and simply not feeling well are all symptoms you may been to replenish your electrolytes.
Benefits of Optimal Hydration
Electrolytes may be best known for helping to reduce muscle cramps from intense activity. In fact, electrolytes have numerous essential roles in health and performance:
- Enhance Exercise Performance*: Electrolytes are at the core of peak athletic performance. They enable forceful muscle contractions, help the body handle the stress of training, and support recovery after muscle damaging workouts.
- Balance Your pH*: Electrolytes play a role in your body’s ability to maintain its acid-base balance, which is key for health and avoiding disease.
- Support Cardiovascular Function*: Potassium and sodium work together to regulate normal blood pressure, which affects the overall load on the heart with each beat.
- Maintain Central Nervous Function*: Sodium is necessary for the brain to be able to send electrical signals to cells throughout the body.
- Regulate Muscle Contractions*: Calcium and magnesium are necessary for the muscle fibers to contract and exert force.
- Support Stress Management*: The adrenal glands, which release the hormone cortisol that helps you handle stress, are responsible for maintaining healthy electrolyte balance. Chronic stress can make the adrenal glands unable to keep up with these demands, resulting in mineral imbalances that compromise hydration.
The nutrients in Charge support hydration through the following mechanisms:
- Sodium brings water into your cells, improving hydration. It also plays a key role in nerve conduction and muscle contraction.*
- Potassium balances sodium, helping the body regulate water levels. It also affects heart, nerve, and muscle function.*
- Magnesium plays a role in muscle contraction and supports balance of calcium, potassium, and sodium in the body.*
- Chloride works with sodium to regulate nerve conduction, muscle contraction, and cellular hydration.*
- Calcium is an important pH stabilizer and it is necessary for muscle contraction.*
- Phosphate serves as a building block for DNA and the body’s energy currency ATP. It also affects levels of other electrolytes making it essential for the body to balance hydration levels.*
- Taurine helps the body absorb magnesium and regulates electrolyte flow within cells.*
- Boron plays a role in sodium absorption and helps maintain fluid balance in cells.*
- Iodide is necessary for thyroid function, which impacts function of the blood vessels by regulating the total amount of water in the body.*
Sulfur helps the body balance levels of sodium, potassium, and magnesium.*
Zinc affects the body’s ability to absorb water in the GI tract and plays an important role in overcoming dehydration.
- Vitamin B3 allows the body to convert food to energy and it affects cardiovascular function, playing a key role water balance.*
- Vitamin B6 is necessary for energy production and affects absorption and retention of electrolytes in the body.*
- Vitamin B12 helps the body balance electrolyte levels and is necessary for the body to produce energy.*
Who Should Take Charge?
- Anyone interested in optimizing hydration and energy levels in the body.* Charge is especially useful when exercising in a hot, humid environment.*
- Athletes training intensely, especially those with a high sweat rate.*
- Individuals who are recovering from an illness.*
- Individuals who suffer high levels of chronic stress. Symptoms like morning fatigue or a racing mind at night are indicators that your adrenals may be taxed and hydration levels compromised.*
- The elderly who are sick are at higher risk of electrolyte depletion during an illness.* Children may also benefit from electrolytes when recovering from the flu or other ailment.*
Who Should Not Take Charge?
- There are no contraindications for Charge, however, individuals on ACE inhibitors or other blood pressure medications should speak with a doctor before taking supplemental electrolytes.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should speak with a healthcare practitioner prior to supplementing.
- Anyone with a serious medical condition or who uses medications should consult with a healthcare practitioner prior to supplementing.
What Are Electrolytes?
Electrolytes are electrically charged minerals that help cells communicate with each other. They also play a role in transporting energy throughout the body. Electrolytes include essential minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, chloride, and sodium. When mixed in water, electrolytes aid in restoring hydration levels in your cells. Cellular hydration is necessary for ensuring optimal organ functioning and general health.
What Do Electrolytes Do?
Electrolytes hydrate your cells while also giving a boost of energy to the body. Electrolytes also help to heal nerve and muscle damage following exercise, making them advantageous when you are recovering from a tough workout or an illness. Electrolytes can help you stay calm and alert while preventing headaches and light-headedness caused by dehydration.
Who Can Benefit From Electrolyte Supplementation?
Training For Peak Performance: Athletes and individuals who sweat significantly during exercise lose important minerals. In some cases, food sources alone may not provide enough electrolytes to counter the loss, particularly if they are primarily whole, unprocessed foods, which are naturally low in sodium. Supplementing with Charge may help you maintain healthy hydration and facilitate energy generation for their next workout.*
Fighting an Illness: Electrolytes are easily depleted when the body loses excessive fluids from illness. Vomiting, diarrhea, and low food and water intake during illness can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. Children and elderly individuals are especially prone to losing significant electrolytes during illnesses making repletion all the more important to maintain balance.
Serving Size: 1 scoop (about 2.8 g)
Servings per Container: About 107
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate)||39 mg||4%|
|Chloride (as Himalayan Sea Salt)||160 mg||5%|
|Iodide (as Potassium Iodide)||10 mcg||5%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Bicarbonate, Monopotassium Phosphate
and Potassium Iodide)
|Phosphate (as Monopotassium Phosphate)||19 mg||2%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Sulfate)||19 mg||6%|
|Sodium (as Himalayan Sea Salt)||115 mg||3%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate)||1,900 mcg||17%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||900 mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||1.5 mcg||30%|
|Boron (as Boron Gluconate)||3 mg||*|
|Sulfur (as Magnesium Sulfate)||26 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: None
Mix 1 scoop (about 2.8 g) into 20 ounces of water daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner
There are no contraindications for Charge, however, individuals on ACE inhibitors or other blood pressure medications should speak with a healthcare practitioner before taking supplemental electrolytes.
Women who are pregnant or nursing should speak with a healthcare practitioner prior to supplementing.
Anyone with a medical condition or who uses medications should consult with a healthcare practitioner prior to supplementing.
We offer free 1-3 working day delivery for all orders over £50.00
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
NI Express delivery is £3.99 and if ordered before 1pm will be delivered next day Mon-Fri only T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent same day if ordered before 1pm).
We offer free 1-3 day delivery for all orders over £99.99
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday(excluding Bank Holidays).
Ireland Express delivery is £6.99 and if ordered before 2pm will be delivered next day Mon-Frionly T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent the same day if ordered before 1pm).
Shipping on orders under £99.99 will be £6.99 and are 1-3 day delivery sent via recorded signed for post.
For international shipping please contact us at email@example.com with your order and address and we can quote you asap.
Please note all delivery time estimates are subject to stock availability and receiving your order by 2:00 pm. Orders placed after 2:00 pm will be processed next working day. Orders are not processed or delivered on weekends and bank holidays.
If for any reason we expect that your order will not arrive within the specified times, we will e-mail or call you shortly after receiving your order. It is therefore very important for you to provide a valid e-mail address and contact number that we can contact you on. Please be sure to check your e-mails and phone messages shortly after placing the order in case we need to contact you.
If an order is returned to us due to customer error (failure to take delivery of the order or arrange a collection/redelivery) then a re-shipping fee is applicable. This is due to the cost of re-packing, and re-shipping that item. A refund of the item minus our shipping costs can be provided as an alternative, but if the error is ours, the item will, of course, be re-shipped at our cost.
Lastly, there is sometimes human error can happen either from ourselves or couriers/delivery companies that we use. It may arrive late; it may arrive damaged; it may not arrive at all. But in any of these cases, we will rectify this with immediate effect directly with yourself and you will get a full refund for any postage you have paid. Incorrect delivery information as stated by the customer is the responsibility of the customer, who will be charged for collection on their behalf.
We try our best to help everyone, but for legal reasons brought about by a minority of our customers, we do need to state that it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are present to sign for the parcel. In no way can Blú Nutrition UK, Fastway Couriers, Myhermes, DPD, PARCELFORCE or Royal Mail be held liable for failed deliveries unless either of those parties has been negligent in their duty to deliver.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
We guarantee your satisfaction with our Products and if, for a reason of manufacturing fault, you are not satisﬁed with any Product(s) you purchase, we offer a full refund or exchange policy. This is to ensure your satisfaction at all times with our Products.
Without prejudice, you may RETURN AN ITEM PROVIDED THE SEAL IS UNBROKEN, THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING AND THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN STORED IN THE RECOMMENDED CONDITIONS. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Product in accordance with our refund policy. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the Contract between us, or have notiﬁed us in that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will notify you of your refund via letter or e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 30 days of the day we received your cancellation or the day we conﬁrmed to you via letter or e-mail that you were entitled to a refund FOLLOWING RETURN of the Product to Blú Nutrition UK representatives.
If the Product is at fault, or packaging is damaged beyond a salvageable state, we will either refund or replace IN LINE WITH TIMESCALES SHOWN IN our terms & conditions. If however, YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE FLAVOUR after a product has been opened, as per government legislation we cannot offer a refund or exchange as supplements are classed as a food product which cannot be resold or used again.
If the delivery note says an item should be in your parcel but it isn't, or if you have received an item not ordered, please use our the contact form page to get in touch with us letting us know which item(s) you believe are missing or HAVE BEEN DELIVERED IN ERROR. You have up to 72 hours to inform us of such an error, outside of 72 hours we will not be able to investigate or assist with this claim.