Poliquin Adrenal AM
Adrenal AM helps the body cope with stress. Adrenal AM includes adaptogen nutrients that support the adrenal glands for better mood, mental clarity, and immune function.* Adrenal AM is ideal for those feeling overwhelmed or run down by supporting energy levels and your body’s ability to bounce back from stress.*
If you’re overstressed and exhausted all the time, your adrenal glands may need support. The primary function of the adrenal glands is to release hormones in response to stress. Cortisol, the primary “stress hormone,” raises energy and activates your nervous system to help you handle physical and mental challenges. Along with other compounds such as dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine, cortisol regulates your body’s “fight-or flight” response.
When stress becomes chronic it leads to higher than normal levels of cortisol that deplete the body’s nutrients and negatively impact adrenal performance. The nutrients in Adrenal AM help to protect the body from the effects of excess cortisol and prevent cortisol overproduction in the first place.* Along with protective vitamin B5 and vitamin C, Adrenal AM contains adaptogen nutrients that help promote homeostasis so that you cope better with stress.*
Adrenal AM is designed for people whose symptoms include extreme fatigue, brain fog, trouble focusing, low mood, and weight gain. Other signs that you may need adrenal support include irritability, frustration, difficulty handling stress, and having a hard time waking up in the morning.*
Adrenal AM is most effective as part of a lifestyle program aimed at managing stress.* By coping with stress through nutrition, mind-body practices, and supplementation, you can effectively turn stress into a positive.
Adrenal AM contains the following ingredients:
- Rhodiola: Known as an adaptogen, rhodiola encourages a healthy response to physical, emotional, and mental stress by supporting cortisol levels and other stress-related hormones. Studies show it supports healthy mood, focus, and positive mental outlook.*
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is used to balance cortisol release and support restful sleep. It also targets the immune and endocrine systems for better homeostasis.*
- Schisandra: Schisandra Berry helps cleanse the liver by improving the various liver detoxifying enzymes. It enhances the body’s natural resistance to stress while supporting mental endurance and metabolic health.*
- Cordyceps: A type of mushroom, cordyceps is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system and balances the body’s inflammatory response to physical stress or injury.*
- Pantothenic Acid: Also known as Vitamin B5, Pantothenic Acid helps the adrenals produce healthy amounts of cortisol. Supplementing with vitamin B5 restores the body’s endocrine levels, also helping to avoid excess cortisol output and adrenal gland enlargement.*
- Adrenal Concentrate: Derived from bovine adrenal glands, Adrenal Concentrate supports cortisol balance to help you handle stress and overcome morning fatigue. Supplementing with freeze-dried animal glands can help organs regenerate and strengthen themselves.*
- Eleuthero Root: An adaptogen that limits excess cortisol release, Eleuthero Root helps shorten recovery from acute stress. It supports healthy metabolism and boosts energy levels, mental focus, and attention span during times of stress.*
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps metabolize cortisol and lower stress. It also supports balanced brain chemistry, lowering rates of depression. Replenishing your vitamin C levels daily is important to keep your adrenals functioning properly because vitamin C is not stored in the body.*
- Astragalus: An adaptogen that enhances the body’s natural ability to adapt to stress, astragalus also bolsters the immune system and has metabolic benefits. It helps maintain normal blood sugar levels and alleviates insulin resistance even in times of chronic stress.*
- Licorice Root: Used in traditional medicine as a tonic, licorice supports healthy digestion and supports the adrenal response to stress.*
- Calcium: Calcium helps the body’s tissues bounce back from high cortisol levels by neutralizing the ph balance of cortisol. Calcium is depleted by stress, making a supplementation important to avoid pulling calcium from bone.*
Understanding The Body’s Stress Response
Are you tired all the time?
Do you have trouble winding down at night for bed?
Do you feel like you can never turn your brain off no matter how tired you are?
All of these are symptoms of unbalanced cortisol. The trouble with stress and fatigue of this kind is that it can’t be cured with a single good night’s sleep or a week’s vacation. Those can help temporarily, but as soon as you get back to the rigors of daily life, stress and all the problems that come with it will return.
You’ve got to go to the root of the problem. Nutrition is one strategy for supporting your stress response. Handling stress is a nutritionally dense process. Your body burns through key nutrients when it is pumping out cortisol. These need to be restored to clear cortisol and return your body to homeostasis after a stressful experience.
There are also adaptogenic herbs that help the body respond to stress appropriately. Many of these herbs have been used for thousands of years in traditional medicine due to their ability to rejuvenate and balance the endocrine and immune systems.
Healthy eating and lifestyle activities also help you handle stress. Eating a balanced, high-quality diet with plenty of colorful fruits and vegetables helps you avoid cortisol spikes when blood sugar drops. Mind-body practices, including yoga, deep breathing, and meditation have also been shown to restore cortisol balance making them the perfect pairing with adrenal support supplements.
Who Should Take Adrenal AM?
- Individuals feeling overwhelmed and run down.*
- Anyone who is overstressed and overworked.*
- Individuals who have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.*
- Anyone with weakness, brain fog, fatigue, irritability, or a difficulty handling stress.*
Adrenal AM can be taken with Adrenal PM for complete adrenal gland support.* Adrenal AM helps support morning energy levels.* Adrenal PM is designed to help you wind down at night and calm your mind for restful sleep.*
Who Should Not Take Adrenal AM?
There are no contraindications to this supplement, however, individuals on medication should speak with a doctor prior to taking it.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings per Container: 30
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||200 mg||222%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)||50 mg||1000%|
|Calcium (as Calcium Pantothenate)||4 mg||<1%|
Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Ashwagandha Root Extract, Adrenal Concentrate,
Eleuthero Stem and Root Extract Extract (0.8% Eleutherosides), Astragalus Extract,
Cordyceps Extract (8% Cordycepic Acid), Schisandra Berry Extract,
Licorice Root Extract (20% Glycyrrhizic Acid)
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule (Cellulose, Purified Water)
Take 2 capsules in the morning or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
If you are pregnant or nursing or are on medications, please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting supplementation.
We offer free 2-3 working day delivery for all orders over £50.00
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option. Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Saturday (excluding Bank Holidays).
NI Express delivery is £2.99 and if ordered before 1pm will be delivered next day Mon-Sat only T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent same day if ordered before 1pm).
We offer free 1-2 day delivery for all orders over £70.00 if ordered before 1pm excluding weekends.
All orders placed before 1p.m. will be processed the same day (excluding weekends) and delivered accordingly with chosen delivery option . Please note that courier companies work from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Ireland Express delivery is £5.99 and if ordered before 1pm will be delivered next day Mon-Fri only T’s & C’s apply (all our orders will be processed same day if ordered before 1pm. Sometimes the courier can let us down but we guarantee all express items are sent the same day if ordered before 1pm).
Shipping on orders under £50.00 will be £5.99 and are 1-2 day delivery sent via Parcelforce/GLS.
ALL our International Shipping rates are available at checkout.
Please note all delivery time estimates are subject to stock availability and receiving your order by 1pm. Orders placed after 1pm will be processed next working day. Orders are not processed or delivered on weekends and bank holidays.
If for any reason we expect that your order will not arrive within the specified times, we will e-mail or call you shortly after receiving your order. It is therefore very important for you to provide a valid e-mail address and contact number that we can contact you on. Please be sure to check your e-mails and phone messages shortly after placing the order in case we need to contact you.
If an order is returned to us due to customer error (failure to take delivery of the order or arrange a collection/redelivery) then a re-shipping fee is applicable. This is due to the cost of re-packing, and re-shipping that item. A refund of the item minus our shipping costs can be provided as an alternative, but if the error is ours, the item will, of course, be re-shipped at our cost.
Lastly, there is sometimes human error can happen either from ourselves or couriers/delivery companies that we use. It may arrive late; it may arrive damaged; it may not arrive at all. But in any of these cases, we will rectify this with immediate effect directly with yourself and you will get a full refund for any postage you have paid. Incorrect delivery information as stated by the customer is the responsibility of the customer, who will be charged for collection on their behalf.
We try our best to help everyone, but for legal reasons brought about by a minority of our customers, we do need to state that it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are present to sign for the parcel. In no way can Blú Nutrition UK, Fastway Couriers, Myhermes, DPD, PARCELFORCE or Royal Mail be held liable for failed deliveries unless either of those parties has been negligent in their duty to deliver.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
We guarantee your satisfaction with our Products and if, for a reason of manufacturing fault, you are not satisﬁed with any Product(s) you purchase, we offer a full refund or exchange policy. This is to ensure your satisfaction at all times with our Products.
Without prejudice, you may RETURN AN ITEM PROVIDED THE SEAL IS UNBROKEN, THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING AND THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN STORED IN THE RECOMMENDED CONDITIONS. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Product in accordance with our refund policy. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the Contract between us, or have notiﬁed us in that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will notify you of your refund via letter or e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 30 days of the day we received your cancellation or the day we conﬁrmed to you via letter or e-mail that you were entitled to a refund FOLLOWING RETURN of the Product.
If the Product is at fault, or packaging is damaged beyond a salvageable state, we will either refund or replace IN LINE WITH TIMESCALES SHOWN IN our terms & conditions. If however, YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE FLAVOUR after a product has been opened, as per government legislation we cannot offer a refund or exchange as supplements are classed as a food product which cannot be resold or used again.
ALL our orders are CCTV captured. If the delivery note says an item should be in your parcel but it isn't, or if you have received an item not ordered, please use our the contact form page to get in touch with us letting us know which item(s) you believe are missing or HAVE BEEN DELIVERED IN ERROR. We can return to our camera's and check exactly what has been placed in the box and what weight the box was scanned at for delivery. You have up to 72 hours to inform us of such an error, outside of 72 hours we will not be able to investigate or assist with this claim.